Sunday, February 24, 2013

Past Poetry: The Before Snapshot-- growing, growing, growing...


If you've read the other posts on my blog, you might guess that these pieces were written a while back-- probably seven or eight years ago.  It was a time when I truly felt like I was coming unglued-- not sure which entity would emerge.  I was also realizing that there was a "truth" that I had not found a way to live out in my present-- a lacking in authenticity.  I think there may have been some foresight in these pieces-- perhaps I see the "warrior within" as having emerged quite differently, however.  The warrior has emerged as a passionate advocate for many causes-- and yes, there are things I will fight for, but I don't need to fight for my identity.  My truth has emerged and has set me free.  As I grow, integration continues to do its magic and the "truth" continues to unfold...

unglued

we are three
but one
vying.

seeking love
waging war
learning

the lover within
living to know
living to be known
living to matter to someone
for being’s sake.

the warrior within
living to fight
living to force
living to take them all down
for sanity’s sake.

the learner within
living to find
living to fashion truth
living to receive the wisdom of the ages
for knowing’s sake.

be one.
live to love
and sing
the sage and solemn tune.



The Truth

time to say no.
it won’t do any longer
to say yes
to things done for the one
who seeks relief from thoughts that haunt
when in the end
the pain returns.
speak the Truth.
therein is freedom.

time to say yes.
it won’t do any longer
to say no
to the universe of strength
waiting for me
to grasp
with all that i am.
receive the Truth.
therein is freedom.

find thyself.
lose thyself.
to do one
is to do the other.
become the Truth.
therein is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment