Sunday, February 10, 2013

Allowing Transformational Change: The Love Story of Ken and Jimmy




Sunset Beach in Treasure Island, Florida
God hears our cries.  Jimmy and I lived our lives-- unknown to each other-- knowing some "things" about ourselves that we kept private for lots of reasons.  For me, I made a marriage vow to a lovely young lady in 1975.  We had many good memories together, brought two incredible children into this world, and now share six beautiful and brilliant grandchildren.  This vow I made told me my cross to bare was to live a conflicted life married to a woman, never to resolve my inner conflicts and lack of authenticity.  Many would likely question my inaction for so many years to resolve what began as an acknowledgment that "I've chosen a difficult path" and grew to an unbearable conflict and inner turmoil.  It seems the human soul was never intended to live forever with such incongruence.  Over the past several years I have devoted myself to finding the path to congruence.  Unraveling a lifetime of inauthenticity has difficult and painful.  It has led me, however, to knowing me, experiencing a life path full of love, and a journey to look forward to untainted by an incongruent existence.

I trust our story will help my readers to stop fearing allowing transformational change to enter their lives.  When you do, I promise you will find the freedom to receive the gifts and treasures designed just for you.  All you need to to is take a deep breath and open your hand and your heart...


Jimmy and I met on Match.com in the Fall of 2011.  He was in Missouri and I was in Florida.  We wrote each other daily—even before exchanging phone numbers.  Our letters rather quickly moved from “What a beautiful profile” to “what a beautiful person your are.”  Somewhere along the way Jimmy announced that he was moving to a community about 30 minutes from my home.  We exchanged phone numbers, and our relationship quickly moved beyond the closeness and admiration we shared in our emails to a beautiful romance.  We met for the first time for lunch on December 3, 2011, where we sat and talked and became mesmerized with each other with locked eyes and butterflies for a couple of hours that day.  On parting, we shared a brief kiss that silently said in each of our hearts that our search for love was over.  A week later I had rather invasive surgery.  My dear sister, +Kathy, came down from Michigan to my home in Florida to care for me, but when it was time for her to leave, it was pretty clear I was going to have a hard time caring for myself.  Jimmy took my sister to the airport and began caring for me with tenderness and compassion.  For weeks, I daily asked, “You’re not leaving are you?”  He never left.  A day doesn’t go by that our love doesn’t grow deeper and stronger—and neither of us is going anywhere...

Jimmy and I are two middle-aged guys who had pretty much given up on ever finding the man that filled the empty place in our hearts.  2011 was the year God said, “I have a special gift for you.”  Our love is a treasure that we will embrace for all of time and eternity.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your story. What beautiful love.. to have him never leave your side. Thank you for reading my genuine love.. I'm so glad you have found yours :)

    ReplyDelete